Thursday, February 22, 2007

Whoops

I'm turning into a crappy blogger. Honestly, I haven't done much knitting recently - I've been reading more books (true crime, specifically), which cuts heavily into my knitting time. I did just turn the heel on my second sock last night, so I'm over halfway done now. I haven't touched the scarf at all, but I think I will work on it this weekend, because it is so mindless.

I did get a few new fibery books:

Domiknitrix is great, and I especially adore the charts. I was disappointed because it seems that a lot of their patterns only go up to a 40" bust, which is about 5" shy of what I need. Maybe I can adjust the patterns a little bigger?

Naughty Needles is simply awesome. So many patterns that I want to make! Especially that bikini on the cover. I WILL make it work for me! Problem is, the yarn has been discontinued, and is only available online. I should probably snatch some up soon before it disappears forever.

Stitch N Bitch - The Happy Hooker is a great, great book. I really want to learn how to properly crochet again, and it looks like I will be able to with the instructions and illustrations in this book. The patterns are also super cute. Plus, there is a shrug that, if I can manage to expand it into a long sleeved boxy cardigan, would work perfectly for Mom :)