Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'm over it

I'm over all this house-selling bullshit. I want my life back. I want to be able to sleep in until 1, or sit around in my PJ's and do nothing all day if I don't want to. I want to get on with it, already.

Now that the poopiness is out of the way...

I've unceremoniously dumped my current projects to focus once again on mom's cardigan. I decided to model it on the Short 'N' Sweet bolero from Stitch N Bitch - The Happy Hooker. I'll just make it longer, so it hits at about the hip, and extend the sleeves down to just past the elbows (per Mom's request). The KnitPicks Shine Worsted works really well for this pattern. I just need a buttload of the yarn for my alterations! I've gone through 6 balls, and I just ordered 15 more. Thank gods the stuff is cheap :) If I have any leftover, I'm sure I will find something to do with it. Progress pictures soon - I am on the body of the sweater, just past the armholes. I probably have about 4 pattern repeats or less to go before I reach my destination. I am blowing through this thing so quick, I may have it done in another week or two. This all depends on how soon the extra yarn shows up at my door.

Thank goodness for knitting and crocheting. It is helping to keep my mind off of things that just depress me.