Friday, March 23, 2007

Presenting my STR sock from the first kit of the Rockin' Sock Club!




Inside out:




And some detail of the foot so you can see the extent of the pooling:




Crazy, crazy pooling with this stuff. I was going to make these for a friend, but now I'm not sure that she'll like these with the colors like this. I will run this sock by her and see what she says.

Aw crap - I just noticed my picture sizing is totally jacked up. I'll fix it when I get home tonight.

But, I have to say this is the easiest pattern. Contrary to some other experiences, I had no problems with construction, and the fit is awesome - no tightness in the legs or ankles. I started with size 1 on the toes, and it seemed like they were too big, so I ended up with size 0 for the toes, foot and heel, and moved up to size 2 for the leg. Perfect.

I just found out from my husband that he buried a St. Joseph's statue in the yard at the end of November. This is about the same time that any interest in our house dried up. So poor St. Joe is getting dug up tonight :) My agent did indicate today that there is a very serious party that is trying to get together financing so they can make an offer. I've heard that before, so I'm not getting the ol' hopes up.