Saturday, April 30, 2005

Finished Objects and Works in Progress

As promised, here are some pictures of what I have been working on so far.

This is my first project, the Wavy Gravy scarf from Stitch N Bitch. The only change I made was that I knitted this with only one strand of yarn. This was so I could master tension, and increases and decreases. I remember frogging this at least 4 times before I got it right.



It's a little bit short, so I may increase the length at some point.

Next is a picture in progress of the Kitty Hat from Stitch N Bitch. I made two of them, one for our friend's daughter Casey and one for my friend Terri. Casey's was made from Patons Classic Wool, and Terri's from acrylic. Here is a pic, minus the ears and pompoms.



This is a picture of my first felted project, the Sophie bag. I think mine turned out really well - I was very pleased with it. I used 2 strands of Cascade 220, so I would get a sturdier fabric.



And now, on to the works in progress.

This is a baby blanket from Stitch N Bitch I am working on for a friend of mine. It is made from Wool Ease in their Autumn colorway. The colors are actually not as bright in real life - my fault for photographing on a red tablecloth.



As you can see, I haven't gotten very far on this one. I find that endless stockinette stitch bores me silly. I think this is only a week's worth of work, so I've made some decent progress. I do really need to get this one done in the next month - the baby is due in June.

And here is a project I am pretty proud of. This is the My So-Called Scarf pattern, and the stitch pattern is very interesting - it makes kind of a herringbone pattern. Very slow going, but is holding my interest. I'm using Manos del Uruguay, in the Flame colorway. I love the Manos - it's so easy to work with.



Unfortunately, the camera has run out of batteries, so I cannot take pics of the other two projects on my plate right now. I am working on the Lo Tech Sweat, and another Sophie bag in stripes, and I've messed with the pattern a little bit to get a different result. I'll get pics of these up soon.

Looking at this list, it is pretty sad how many things I have in progress. Except for two of these WIP's, there is no deadline for completion, so I'm not gonna sweat it.

Today, a couple of us hit the yarn store. I am thinking about investing in a ball winder and a swift today, but I may talk myself out of it. We'll see....