Friday, May 27, 2005

Finally, some pics to display

As promised, here are the current projects I am working on. Please forgive the blurry photos - I have very unsteady hands!

This is the baby blanket that will never end. However, it is Koigu, so I will try and be forgiving. I am about 2/3 of the way through, and should be done with it in the next couple of weeks. The shower is tonight, so it will be a little late, but the baby should still get some good use out of it.



I am also deep into the Lace Leaf Pullover, and loving the color and the pattern - it's so easy and quick! However, I think these are The Sleeves That Ate Orange County. They seem too long to me. So, I think I will start the body before I finish the second sleeve, and see how everything comes together. The pattern instructs you to knit the top of the body and bottom of the body separately, then kitchener the two pieces together. I'm going to see if I can just reverse the pattern on the bottom and knit all the way down. Wish me luck, people!



I am just getting a start on Clapotis. I haven't even made it to the drop stitches yet, but I love the Silk Garden, especially this colorway. I may have to buy more of it for a sweater! I am having to pick a lot of flora and fauna out of the current skein, but it is still beautiful. This color is swaying me towards pink.



And I also have a toe-up sock in the works, using Wendy's pattern. Since I have about a million other WIP's right now, I haven't been able to get as much done as I would like. But it sure is purty!



And I realized that I have yet to introduce you to my kitties:

Molly

Morrigan

Fionna

You will see more of them, especially Molly. She's a little camera ho.

Case in point - this pic is of the only other remaining yarn in my stash. It's some yummy Classic Elite Inca Alpaca in a dark red. This is destined for a poncho, eventually.



Of course, Molly had to get into the picture:



So I blinded her with the flash, which she didn't appreciate.