Friday, May 27, 2005

SP5 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? Yep, I am turning into a yarn snob. But I am ok with acrylic blends :) Anything to increase the stash!

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin, and I only crochet if I have to.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Not that I know of!

4. How long have you been knitting? Only about 5 months, but I have been a quick learner!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes! You can find it under my email (slfrtsbabeATcoxDOTnet)

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Lavendar, any Vanilla combination, Jasmine, Musk

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Not a huge fan of chocolate, but I love caramels.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Making some of my own clothes.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I tend towards alternative or "modern rock", i.e. The Cure, Depeche Mode, Yaz. Newer bands along the lines of Interpol.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love fall and winter colors. I look like hell in yellows and browns. And I'm not really fond of pastels, except for roses and grassy greens.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married and have three cats.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) Hee...um, just to be content and not to have too many financial worries.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I'm just starting, so I'm still exploring that. So far, I like silk blends, merino wool, and alpaca blends.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? 100% acrylic. Very hard on my hands.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? The designs out of the Teva Durham book. I have a love affair with bulky yarns now! I am also pondering lace knitting, i.e. shawls.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Don't know yet. I really liked making my felted purses.

17. What are you knitting right now? A baby blanket from Koigu KPPPM, Clapotis from Noro Silk Garden, sock from more Koigu, and the Lace Leaf Pullover from Lamb's Pride Bulky in Limeade.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I like ponchos, and will be knitting myself one in the near future.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I like both.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo, definitely.

21. Are you a sock knitter? Just starting on socks, but I love the idea of handknit socks.

22. How did you learn to knit? I learned from Stitch N Bitch, and my friend Terri.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? 5 months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love cats, and I adore Stewie from Family Guy. I also like Edward Gorey illustrations.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween

26. Is there anything that you collect? Anything with witches, or cool cat stuff.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, does Bust count?

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? See my Amazon wish list :)