Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm a slacker

I'm such a slacker. I had every intention of taking some photos of what I have on the needles to put on the blog. But between vacuuming the house and the heat this weekend, I felt like sitting on the couch and not moving for long stretches of time. We borrowed our friends' Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner. OMFG - that vacuum works great! I will have to save my pennies so I can buy one of my very own. Our carpet hasn't looked this good since we moved into this house a year ago.

I purchased the new book by Teva Durham, Loop-D-Loop. I was hard-pressed to find something that I DIDN'T like out of this book. I was so taken with the Lace Leaf Pullover that I cast on and finished a sleeve in two days. Technically, only about three hours worth of work. This in spite of the fact that I am still slogging through the baby blanket and have three other projects in suspended animation. The pattern was just so darned easy and quick to work up, especially with the bulky yarn. It's all about the instant gratification. I think I will work on this project on my lunch hours at work. At the rate I'm going, I'll have it finished by the weekend. Craziness!

I'll have pictures up sometime this week. Yes, an idle threat at this point, but I'll make the effort.